FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Comments Welcome Voting Underway-Amend Talkboard Guidelines Voting Results Disclosure
Old Feb 4, 2012, 7:08 am
hhoope01
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
...TB members have 2 weeks to vote - that encompasses any travel time but also if they want to take in input from FTers, that input as well. Which is a good thing.
I agree it is a good thing, but this proposal doesn't change this at all. So this is a non-issue.

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
...I think we do a disservice to BOTH TB members & FT members when we say hey, we're gonna post it's passed/failed, so to FTers it doesn't matter two patooties what you think at this point. But hey for TB members that didn't vote before, no worries, as long as you vote we don't care what you think either at this point but thanks for eventually voting so it looks pretty at the end when we post results.
It is the reality today in that once a motion has the needed votes to pass/fail, any other votes after that won't change the outcome. And TB members can see that in real time (i.e. when they are casting their votes.)

So let me ask you a question. When you vote for a motion, if the needed number of pass/fail votes have already been submitted do you feel that the other TB members feel that "we don't care what you think either"? If not, then why would you think that the general FT membership would feel that way.

In the end, the only thing this really changes is to allow the general FT membership to know when an outcome has already been decided a little earlier. Which for some of the more contentious motions, may help drop the "heat" level a little bit earlier.