FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Comments Welcome Voting Underway-Amend Talkboard Guidelines Voting Results Disclosure
Old Feb 3, 2012, 11:00 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by kokonutz
If it is timely end to rancorous debate we seek, we should support this proposal.
In looking at many motions over the years there aren't many rancourous debates. A few hot button issues (usually related to Omni), but not the norm.

I'm still on the fence on this one, and while I was leaning against but then towards yes I'm leaning against again.

I think we're micromanaging something that's worked in the past for several years & probably will continue to work for several years in the future.

TB members have 2 weeks to vote - that encompasses any travel time but also if they want to take in input from FTers, that input as well. Which is a good thing.

I think we do a disservice to BOTH TB members & FT members when we say hey, we're gonna post it's passed/failed, so to FTers it doesn't matter two patooties what you think at this point. But hey for TB members that didn't vote before, no worries, as long as you vote we don't care what you think either at this point but thanks for eventually voting so it looks pretty at the end when we post results.

So if it's announced it's passed on day 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 12 or 14 - we're not talking truly, truly changing FTers experiences for the worst by magnitudes if they have to wait a few extra days to find out if something passed/failed. In other words, the FT world will not fall apart if FTers who check TB have to wait the full 14 days on the few occasions that happens.

Note I say that as a regular FTer who actually proposed a forum a few years back that got turned down & then a few years later when it was approved. I was ok with waiting on the process both times & didn't see any need to have it altered.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Feb 4, 2012 at 6:18 am