FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tumi vs. Travelpro vs. Briggs & Riley Quality
Old Feb 3, 2012, 9:41 am
slipslyden

Programs: Delta DMD;1MM;SPG Lifetime Platinum; Marriott Platinum;Avis Chairman; National Executive VIP
Originally Posted by deirdre
I sincerely doubt warranty service is enough to deplete parts stock. It's more probable that the unpleasantness with the tsunami last march and the flooding, etc. more recently have caused supply chain problems for a number of companies and they're just currently short on stock. Smaller companies have had to defer some parts manufacture because the reduced number of factories led to higher short-term costs, thus, less expensive to defer.
Deirdre,

I checked back with Travel Pro today when I got back to the US. Spoke to a very pleasant, informed customer service rep who stated there was a problem with the handles with the Crew 8 22" ; they have had several failures, including mine, where it sheared in the same spot; and that they have corrected the issue and now have replacements back in stock.

They also sent my handle Fed Ex today, prior to my call, for arrival tomorrow. I am impressed - they acknowledged an issue, fixed it and and expedited my replacement handle. Hopefully this will not happen again to my bag or the bag I gave as a gift.