FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide to flying Iberia
View Single Post
Old Feb 3, 2012, 7:36 am
george 3

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by JDiver
IB can be hopeless on the ground - poor organisation is a mild term for it. It seems to be part of the corporate culture, as well as encountered too often as a customer service "feature" in Spain (and many other countries) - though there are some IB employees who are eager to assist (the baggage agent I dealt with at BCN was outstanding).

I think the AA liaison with IB is for any AA-related problem - but some agents may not know about it, the EXP agent I spoke with did.
Perhaps the bump up to EXP this year did help resolve a problem I had with IB this past summer. In addition to writing a letter to IB (thanks for the proper addresses JDiver), AA customer services again communicated with IB on my behalf. I first received a letter from IB responding to my email sent in September (received two weeks ago) saying they understand my concern but nicely, tough toenails. This past Friday, I received an email from AA which preceded another email from IB apologizing again, citing EU rules, but inviting me to send my hotel bill and unused non-refundable train ticket bill to them and they will be reimbursing me. They noted that they had received my written letter and had discussed the issue with their OW partner.

I remained polite while expressing frustration. In particular, I did not emphasize that it had been many months since I made the complaint.

Thanks to the right people at the airlines to push the issue and to posters providing solid advice.