FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012
Old Feb 2, 2012, 9:21 pm
UrbaneGent

Programs: *A Junkie, SQ PPS, Skywards Gold, 2 Million Mile Flyer;*wood LT Plat, BA MM
Originally Posted by Baze
Well, pre adjustment I was at 935K lifetime UA miles and made MM after the adjustment. Took about 12 years to get there. I am not a lawyer, business executive or what most would consider a professional. I was a field service Engineer and now an installation representative. so lots more than your designations can and will fly more than 1MM actual BIS and even more with the adjustment will be MM.
Baze, how do you feel now, after 12 years and 935K to have the benefits changed on you? If you were given the option to have the recalibration taken away and let you get to the million mile mark by flying the actual mileage? I am a 2MM with the recalibration but I feel cheated, I feel what they did was unethical.

Of course a person who has travelled one million miles is someone that can add 1+1 but let's face it, if we all bought "A" or "F" class tickets, we wouldn't be here complaining, or at least I wouldn't be. Also, this is not a symposium of like-minded professionals, it's a public webpage for everyone's viewing, and coming across as a bunch of elitists will not help our cause to the general public, of course others may think differently. And that's okay.

I prefer taking the more humble route, if one doesn't feel the same, that's okay too. It takes a village and we all have to live on this earth together.

If you google "Million Miler status United" the WSJ article shows up third with "I really hate it when someone lies to me..."

That's what I mean about getting the word out^^^

Last edited by iluv2fly; Feb 3, 2012 at 9:47 am Reason: merge