FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion: TalkBoard motion pass/fail results reported in real-time? & related.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 7:26 am
RichMSN
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by kokonutz
I'm on the record in support of public, by TB member name, voting because I believe you deserve answers to your questions. And I could tell you the answers to at least some of your questions (although I can't get inside a TB member's mind to know their motivation), but that would be in violation of the TB's secrecy rules. Rules which unfortunately protect this sort of action/behavior from becoming known to the posters. That's frustrating.

You deserve the transparency you seek.

Unfortunately, I believe I am the only current TB member who supports public real time voting. Hence the compromise of announcing when a vote has enough votes to pass or fail. Not nearly far enough for me, personally. But a positive step in the right direction.
I would support this, *but* I have concerns about the pressure put on voters who may simply be away from their computers for a few days.

Personally, I think that voters have enough ammo as it is. It's easy to find out, using public tools how many posts TB members have made in the public TB Topics forum, for example, since a certain date has passed.

Here are the number of posts made in the last month by TalkBoard members in this forum:

162, 106, 103, 39, 34, 32, 23, 17, 0.

Last edited by RichMSN; Feb 2, 2012 at 7:36 am