FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion: TalkBoard motion pass/fail results reported in real-time? & related.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 7:06 am
kokonutz
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by kellio33
Why the need for confidential votes? It is published at the end of the vote anyway. I'd like to know what is going on in real time. It does influence my voting decision.

I'm curious as to who was the hold out on this last vote and why.

Was she/he out of town? Ill? Undecided and waiting for more inpt from the FT members? Playing a game with the FT members and purposely making them wait?
I'm on the record in support of public, by TB member name, voting because I believe you deserve answers to your questions. And I could tell you the answers to at least some of your questions (although I can't get inside a TB member's mind to know their motivation), but that would be in violation of the TB's secrecy rules. Rules which unfortunately protect this sort of action/behavior from becoming known to the posters. That's frustrating.

You deserve the transparency you seek.

Unfortunately, I believe I am the only current TB member who supports public real time voting. Hence the compromise of announcing when a vote has enough votes to pass or fail. Not nearly far enough for me, personally. But a positive step in the right direction.