FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion: 10 Suite Night Awards (SNAs) for Plats with 50 nights in calendar year
Old Feb 1, 2012, 4:06 pm
RichMSN
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Rambuster
IIRC I had 47 nights in 2011 and had I known about this I could have moved past the 50 nights post.

Somehow I feel a little short changed.
How about offering 5 suite nights for long time Platinum members who narrowly missed the (then unknown!) goal in 2011 ?
I feel the same way, as if anyone at SPG (or a majority of people here at FT) cares. My goal every year is to make it back to PLT. And I did. But I feel the bar was moved retroactively and had I known about this on January 1, 2011, I would've stayed at least 50 nights. But in some cases I stayed elsewhere when the rates or the locations didn't make sense and I would've thought long and hard about staying with SPG had I known this change was going to happen.

Of course all the folks here who got their 50 nights will think this is more than fair and that people like me are just whining about "not qualifying." Of course, how would I know how to qualify since this was put in *after* 2011 ended?

Sometimes I think it really doesn't pay to play this game.