FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Reward Card for Spring Break in Mexico?
Old Feb 1, 2012, 1:46 pm
Miles Meyers

Thank's for all the responses everyone. So couple things I should have mentioned in the original post, I got into churning a few months ago, so far I have the Chase Saphire Preferred, AA Citi Visa and Amex, Capital One Venture, and Amex Business Gold. All those cards spend have been hit and I have the points and could just use those, but I've been saving them up for an around the world trip and this spring break trip was just going to be something extra I'd throw in if I could easily earn it on one card in my next churn.

So from people's feedback it looks like my best bet may be just to buy tickets and not waste award points for this, since it is last minute and will be not be the best value for the points. I like the idea of maybe applying for the Chase Ink Bold in my next churn, buying the tickets with the card and then paying off the balance with the reward points I earn from the 50k sign up. This seems to be the best value of the points. That way if the round trip flight to Mexico costs me say $500 I'll earn 1,000 points (double points for airfare), miles on that flight from the airline, and I'll be able to pay the flight off with the 50k sign up bonus and be able to earn the entire flight from just one card sign up. Does all this sound correct?

Oh and I am a recent college grad, just still holding onto a few traditions. And my credit score is around a 720 al the way around.