FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion: TalkBoard motion pass/fail results reported in real-time? & related.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 11:56 am
goalie
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by N965VJ
Originally Posted by goalie
Actually, I'd rather see public discussion held, then closed and then have the vote take place as this would further eliminate the heated debate-and then if a motion passes or fails with the required number of votes before the voting period has ended, you could then post the results.

Public discussion opens
Public discussion held
Public discussion closes
Vote held
Vote results published

Yes, this might/could/would add time to the whole process but imho, it's a better way to go
I'm not sure closing threads for comment would end the debate; they could pop up elsewhere. For example: Talkboard is voting on allowing posts in Omni to count towards post totals in OMNI.
True that it won't end the debate but the way I see it is that if a motion has passed or failed, it's a done deal until someone wants to change it and afaic, that's the way to go. Move on from the current discussion as it stands as "it ain't gonna change the results" as imho, there are other issues to be discussed (or in other words, don't beat the dead horse) and that would be a deal breaker for me