FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Maui, Ka'anapali, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Feb 1, 2012, 9:38 am
WindyCityTraveler11

Originally Posted by RDU4vr
Just got back from a stay last week -- 5 nights at the Westin followed by 3 at the Sheraton. Had a great time at both resorts. I wanted to mention here, in case someone influential is reading this, that my husband and I both really love when resorts have "take one, leave one" bookshelves/libraries for their guests to use during their stay. We stopped by the Westin bookshelf (near the kids' club) every day of our stay and enjoyed seeing if anyone had taken the books we had already left behind and refreshing the shelf with new material. We actually loved it so much that we made a special trip over from the Sheraton back to the Westin to return a book my husband had originally picked up from the Westin shelf and were surprised to see that the shelf was completely gone, replaced by a seating arrangement. The concierge couldn't tell me what had happened to it since we had checked out 2 days earlier.

You'd be surprised how little things can make a big difference to different people, but that bookshelf was a highlight of our stay and we were both really bummed to see it had suddenly vanished. The Sheraton's was still there (as of Saturday), near the business computing area. Hope it'll make a comeback.
Do you think you could give us a quick review of both resorts seeing as you just stayed at both? I am trying to decide which one (Westin or Sheraton) to book for our 10 day honeymoon in November and am having a really tough time. I am plat member so am hoping for an upgrade to a syuite so any insight on that would be great too. thanks!