FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Air Canada Stopover Hotel Program [likely terminated as of early 2022]
Old Feb 1, 2012, 8:20 am
Clipper801

Originally Posted by DJ Bitterbarn
For some reason I'd never heard of this program before, despite being dead centre of its demographic (I almost always make an intentional stopover in YYZ enroute to LHR and back for the purposes of "breaking up the trip").

While I suspect I know the answer to it, though, am I right in assuming this program is only free for paid lat/J tickets? For example, a *A J award LHR-YUL-YVR wouldn't qualify for a free overnight and I'd be looking at the (admittedly pretty reasonable) $45 charge? Either way, we're certainly going to do this on the next routing, but it would be an added bonus if we could get it via the J award ticket.

And I'll definitely be forwarding this and (strongly) suggesting that my parents look into it for their next trip out here in December...
Available only if the itinerary including the stopover is offered at AC.com and cannot be booked using mutli city function to force an overnight or >6 hour stopover:

"round-trip and one-way bookings only (multi-city bookings are not eligible)"

So flying LHR-YUL-YVR, only if AC.com offers you an itinerary that includes a >6 hours stopover at YUL, you do not qualify.

Similarly for YYZ-HKG, unless AC.com offers an itinerary that connects via YVR with >6 hours' layover, one will not be eligible for this programme if one tries to force a layover by using the multi city function.

MCO-HKG will qualify because it requires a layover at YYZ on the way to HKG as AC does not have immediate connection available shorter than 6 hours.

There are very few situations where one cannot find an immediate connection within 6 hours.