FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2012 master thread
Old Jan 31, 2012, 7:02 pm
CL63

Programs: KiwiCollection VIP, A|Club Plat, HH Gold
Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam

- What is your A|Club status?
Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
No

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Luxury Room (best "room" category before Suites),.. no upgrade

- How are the rooms?
Furnished very well to the highest standard, top of the line hi-tech equipment. Huge bed, very comfortable. However I doubt it has the announced 35m² (abt 375 ft²). The bathroom is a big disappointment, since it is about 1 by 4 meters (3 by 12 ft), which is just too tiny for a shower, a bathtub, a toilette and a mini sink. No space to get dressed or even put your wash bag at.

- What was good and what was bad?
Good:

Location. View on the channel. Room, especially quality and design of interior. Housekeeping and Maintenance Service (professional and very quick).

Bad:
Getting there i didnt have my Plat Card with me, but my account number saved in my mobile phone. Spelling it to them, writing it down and mentioning the Platinum Status, we didnt get an upgrade, no vouchers, no perks, nothing. We even had to fight for a 2 PM check out for 2 days later, although the Hotel was only maybe 25% occupied.

Ordered In-Room breakfast for 2, one continental breakfast for me and fruitplatter, orangejuice and birchermusli for the girl. The tray was decorated for one person. orangejuice was not freshly squeezed, birchermusli was a bowl with dry musli + milk and jourghurt on the side (guess they never heard of "BIRCHER"-musli) and the fruitplatter (for 9 EUR / 13 USD) was a little bowl of a 50 cent Walmart fruit punch can.

After 3 weeks I called Service and asked why the points havent been added to my account yet. Turned out they didnt even put in my Aclub number into the system at the hotel.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
No,... reception staff was quite rude and always gave you the feeling that you are allowed to stay there instead of making you feel welcome. The bill for 2 rooms for 2 nights was 1,877 EUR (abt 2,600 USD), which might have been ok, if everything would have been ok, but for the treatment and service recived, they wont see me again. We stayed at 2 other hotels in that area within a distance of 500 meters (Hotel De L'Europe and Conservatorium Hotel Amsterdam) which were both stunning and similar price range with a lot more perks, even with no loyalty program membership or existence.

Last edited by CL63; Feb 1, 2012 at 11:07 pm