FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at YYZ
Thread: Cars at YYZ
View Single Post
Old Jan 30, 2012, 8:56 pm
Tuneman1984

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Those $99/day rates appear to be in either direction between Toronto and certain parts of the US. So it's not necessarily a supply imbalance. Regardless, please do share how it goes.
Returned an Escape I had for the weekend this afternoon. I noticed at the end of the Aisle there was a Dodge Avenger with IL plates sitting there. Hoping that's not what they have selected as my one-way "Fullsize".

Around the corner from the Aisle I found a few more US-plated vehicles. If I remember right, there was a Caliber (MI), Traverse (FL), Enclave (don't recall state) and an HHR (MI).

As far as the Aisle itself it was well-stocked with some SUVs, a minivan, and the usual Impalas, couple Fusions and Malibus. I also spotted two brand new Mazda CX-7's, a first sighting at any rental agency. The Compact/Intermediate section was full with Fiestas, new Rios, and a couple Focus (Focii?).

I'll probably just try selecting a vehicle off the aisle and if they turn me back then I'll see about making sure to get what I need. I want at least the Fullsize I booked, but would prefer a hatchback or SUV and definitely want sat radio for the drive.

Will report back on how tomorrow goes!