FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maximize points & miles from Large Event
View Single Post
Old Jan 30, 2012, 6:10 pm
hkjensli

Programs: Onepass Platinum Elite
I will be making the bookings by rooming list, and I will also pay for every room on one bill. I've read through the Hilton, IHG and Marriot event rewards but wasn't really thrilled with the benefits. They all seem to base points awarded to the event organizer upon amount of dollars spent. They also seem to have caps on how much you can earn per event, some as low as 50.000 points.

I am encouraged by what some of you are saying; that each hotel have got atleast some latitude on how many points they can award. The fact that I'm also paying for all rooms should give me a stronger bargaining position.

I should also be able to rack up some miles on the payments of these rooms. The total accommodation budget will be somewhere in the neighborhood of $300.000. Only problem is that I don't qualify for US credit cards (atleast that I know of) I'm a Norwegian citizen but the event will be organized and paid by my fully owned Florida LLC. I've tried to obtain US credit cards through the LLC before but it has always stalled because I'm not a US Citizen. The only way I've been able to earn miles on spending have been through the Continental/Chase Personal & Business Debit cards. If you have a suggestion on other/better avenues of earning miles on these 4500 hotel stay purchases let me know!