FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa C, a little Etihad C and a new Camera to Dubai, Kuwait and Abu Dhabi
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:50 pm
ARJ85

Programs: Miles & More;
KWI-AUH and Abu Dhabi

For the return from Kuwait to Abu Dhabi i used some of my Etihad Guest Miles for a ticket in Business Class on Etihad Airlines.

Other than Emirates which uses a widebody for the Kuwait route (OK - they don`t have anything else - so what should they do...) Etihad uses a narrowbody A319 on this route.

the other unusual thing in the picture is that there are really boarding bridges out there with advertising from other banks than RBS or HSBC on it...

Where most european airlines use the normal economy seats (with a free middle seat) Etihad has a real business class (Recliner-) Seat on the A319.

Of course there where pre-departure-beverages served

followed by a tray with cold and warm snacks shortly after takeoff

At most of its destinations Etihad provides a Chauffeur Service for Business and First Class Passengers. And the nice thing about that: Without a complicated fineprint or exceptions - if the destination has a Chauffeur Service - you can use it. No matter if you arrive from a rather short flight, or if it is no revenue ticket but an award ticket. So after landing and clearing immigration i went to the Chauffeur Desk at the airport (there is a dedicated desk at AUH - on the other destinations you get picked up by the driver when you clear customs) and soon was in a nice Audi-Limousine on my way to the Hotel.

There are a few differences between Dubai and Abu Dhabi - one is that the waterfront is more accesible in Abu Dhabi - the famous Corniche running along the north coast of the Island.

Another difference is the amount of Mosques i saw in Abu Dhabi.

Sometimes when you walk past one you are in front of the next one.

And also when looking out of my Hotel Room

Although they have quite a few highrise buildings in Abu Dhabi there are no really big skysrcrapers in the city...

... but they still aim high

One of the most famous sights in Abu Dhabi is the Sheikh Zayed Mosque - around halfway between the City Center and the Airport. It is one of the biggest Mosques in the world - big enough to accomodate over 40.000 people!

Last edited by ARJ85; Jan 30, 2012 at 2:46 pm