FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are travel blogs losing their creativity and going downhill?
Old Jan 29, 2012, 6:25 pm
darkhunter

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Well if bloggers really get about $200 per CC sign up I mean wow that is very good money there. Go them, now I am jealous

But seriously it really does not change anything, be it "a few bucks" or a "few hundred bucks" or if the bloggers got nothing, I feel the CC info deserves to be there cause its far and away the best deal in travel.

If there was an alternative way to get so many miles so easily I am sure they would hype it as well be it they got paid or not. Its just such a good and easy deal its hard to not hype it through the roof. I mean you get excited about it and you wanna share it with people, I know I got crazy excited about it myself and have been hyping the CCs up to my family and I get nothing for it.
I guess I need to start something and then I can get $200 every time my family signs up, LOL. But seriously people its exciting. I helped my wifes parents travel the world. They had never been out of the country, did not even have passports. Thanks to CCs they have been to europe a couple times and all the way to Japan ! They would have never imagined going to such places before. I think maybe some people here who either 1. are fairly well to do money wise and travel all the time anyways without cc's or 2. have jobs where they rack up tons of miles to travel on for no cost and so they people in these groups are kinda spoiled and do not see how valuable CC's are for the more common/normal person who could not travel internationally or stay in 5 star hotels under normal circumstances. I mean I hate to sound cheesy but FTG's often used quote of "traveling at prices we can all afford" really is true. CCs help normal people's dreams come true. I think there's just a lot of people here that again because they either have money or have tons of miles already, don't get how valuable an extra 50K here and there for free is. I mean take this example, I'm sure people saw the post about the guy who is going to make like 5 million in business purchases or something crazy like that and wanted to know the best credit card to use.
I mean come on that's not normal. Now many people out there do you really think are in a position to do that. Obviously there's a very lucky few out there who have alternative ways to rack up a ton of miles so a small freebie from a CC signup is probably nothing to them. But lets be realistic people that's not normal.

As far as things like more disclaimers and stuff I just don't feel that's all necessary either. I feel like if someone does not know that debt is bad for example they probably have a lot bigger problems going on. I don't want every single post to have to say here's this amazing credit card but warning credit cards are bad and you should never get in debt, etc. That's just common sense stuff to me. I mean maybe we need to hang big sign's up at every single street crossing reminding people to look both ways first... I mean you just gotta draw the line somewhere. I mean do you all wanna see huge disclaimers here on FT on every post warning you that you should not post or be reading all this because sitting all day at a PC is bad for you and you should be standing up and walking and exercising ...