FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (First post) I see the outcry of the TSA everywhere online, but not at the airport?
Old Jan 29, 2012, 4:20 pm
CelticPax

Originally Posted by exbayern
Very true, CelticPax.

I have seen people who fly four SEGMENTS a year (ie one trip, with a layover each direction) calling themselves frequent flyers. They also consider themselves the experts in their circle of family/friends/coworkers because they travel more frequently than others.
I know, so crazy. My last flights were to Europe, a big step for not just me but my immediate family (most have not left North America). I've never been frequent myself, but I'm now getting in the position that I could be a frequent flyer. Already in the past year or so, I've driven to Toronto, New York, Indianapolis, Cleveland, and have a few more in the works for coming months. If we weren't in this situation, I'd be taking weekend trips by flight. But now, I don't see how I'll even get to say, California again, with my limited vacation time by train, bus, or car (which aren't safe anymore either).

Originally Posted by WChou
IMHO, most people who talk a big game are lazy, cowards, or a combination of both.
I feel a bit in the grips of slacktivism myself, but I'm reaching out more and more. I called and e-mailed Gov. Rick Perry as well as e-mailed all of the Texas legislature when we pushed to get the anti-scanner bills passed. My list of representatives and businesses I need to call about the issues is growing, but "in this day in age" I feel using an anonymous number is probably safer.

If I'm "forced" to travel for business, I will opt-out in a heartbeat though.

Originally Posted by Travelsonic
In many cases yes, but that isn't always the case.

Do half the people going "godwin! godwin!" even know this part?
Not only that, but I've seen a growing sense that Godwin's law no longer applies. It used to be a big faux pas on sites like Fark.com, but with what's going on, making some of these comparisons are not only perfectly valid, but downright necessary. This is the first time in a few years that I've seen Godwin's law "invoked" and I'm rather surprised.