FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are travel blogs losing their creativity and going downhill?
Old Jan 29, 2012, 2:20 pm
Astrophsx

Originally Posted by freeloader
That content has been going downhill for a while... i mean some posts from the past few days:

Sunday - a story on using 40k (!) Delta Miles for domestic reward tickets
Saturday - Ad for the Brooklyn Reality Tour, lifted word for word from the FT post
Friday - list of 10 destinations his daughter wants to go to
Thrusday - boasting that he's a Credit Sesame "Guru" ... oh btw, he gets referrals if you sign up for their monthly service

back in the day, his site was literally the first thing i checked online in the morning. i guess it just doesn't speak to me much anymore
I think it is really hard to post content daily. Either there is a lot of material or barely any. This is why you are seeing trip reports that are split up to cover 6-7 days. In Ben's case (one mile at a time) it seems that he purposely takes trips in order to blog about them. So he pays either in cash or points/miles so that he will have content for his page.

Being able to post interesting things daily takes talent and creativity. That's why I think most bloggers should not post daily. If they posted when they had good material I could just check my twitter feed to see when they've posted.