FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are travel blogs losing their creativity and going downhill?
Old Jan 29, 2012, 11:24 am
mikeef
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
From "noobtraveler.com":

I can’t turn on the TV, open up my laptop, or listen to the radio without hearing about TIM TEBOW. He is everywhere. This is exactly how I feel about affiliate links. They’re all up in my face. And now that I have some of my own, I have been working on my disclaimer and this is what I came up with:

“I receive a commission for some of the credit card deals on this site. I do my best to stay up to date on ALL the best offers. Let me know if there is one that I have missed. Also, 10% of all revenue I receive goes to charities, 5% to local and 5% to global charities. It’s my desire to give back so I thank you for making that possible”.

I have decided to place this disclaimer as its own page next to my reward credit cards pages at the top of the website. Personally, I don’t want to overload my posts with the disclaimer EVERY time I write something. I also like to use a javascript affiliate link when possible so it is obvious that it’s an ad and I will receive a commission on the card.

My favorite line... "and now that I have some of my own"

Blogger is a fellow member on FT with 6 months and under 200 posts.

Thoughts?
No problem with people using affiliate links, but I do think that someone should tell you if they are getting cash for a referral.

Mike