FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Chicago Lakeshore 2007, Chicago, IL [Master Thread]
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:19 pm
Mike D.

Programs: SkyMiles Platinum, SPG Platinum, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Nice place, but needs an overhaul.

While I can't complain about the upgrade I have gotten both times I've stayed here to a spacious corner suite with a stunning Lake Michigan and Navy Pier view, the rooms are not in great shape. The suite I am in now has a caved-in couch that is impossible to sit in, a TV in the living room that won't turn on for more than a second, and a powder room toilet that won't flush. The living room B&O stereo only plays radio and CDs (they should provide a time machine so I can go back to 1997 and get my discs), and the Tivoli radio in the bedroom with an iPod connector has a seriously blown speaker. The blinds don't go up and down properly, and the sliding doors wobble like they are going to fall off. Somehow, I still like this place and will come back, but I imagine I would be a lot less forgiving if I was actually paying full-price for this busted suite or if I had a normal size room in similar condition.