FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the most useful frequent flyer blog?
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:00 pm
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by thepointsguy
Just curious- where would you recommend transferring Chase UR points if someone wanted to fly a solid first class product non-stop from, say, Boston to London? I understand United has lower fees, but A) Their first class pales in comparison to new BA first and b) there aren't a whole lot of Star Alliance flights with true first class nonstop from North America to London. And the only nonstop would be Virgin Atlantic, who doesn't have first class.

Transferring to Korean wouldn't be smart because Delta doesn't have first class and even finding low-level business class availability is tough.

Or how about Southwest?

Believe it or not, there are people who think it's a great deal to use BA miles for first class, especially since award availability is excellent. $700 in fees isn't all that much when you consider the price of first class tickets, or even buying business and upgrading to first @:-)
I actually think it's funny that folks honed in on this one post as the focus of debate. To me spending any extra cash or miles for J or F from the Northeast to western Europe/UK seems crazy. For barely 6 hours in the air in many cases I just can't fathom the need to have flatbeds and pampering being so high as to blow all that money or miles - except perhaps if I had to work on business first thing the morning I arrive. To each his own though.