FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the most useful frequent flyer blog?
Old Jan 28, 2012, 6:20 pm
Mountain Trader

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Yes, that's all fine and dandy, but the award in question (in TPG's post) was first class transatlantic... for which Avios is certainly not superior- for the lack of routing flexibility first and foremost, then also taxes/fees, quality of partners, award availability etc. etc.
Maybe we're not reading and commenting on the same thing.

Post # 300 above linked to The Points Guy's Jan 26 post where he was put onto BA first after an AA mechanical. I really don't find his mention of how to get BA points to be "at the expense of his readers". I've always found TPG pretty candid-see his January 23 listing of his picks for top 20 awards. The two mentioned for BA are the short hauls I mentioned above and the 2-4-1 cert deal which, while I won't seek it again, certainly has its fans.

As I outlined at length above, people need to do their own homework and figure out if a deal is good or not. Blaming bloggers for one's unwillingness or inability to do that is just passing the blame.