FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA Pre✓™ (PreCheck) on Alaska Airlines - Questions and Experiences (2012-21)
Old Jan 27, 2012, 7:08 pm
Aaron01

Programs: All Around Nobody
Originally Posted by tbau
I'm 99.9% sure I had my iris scan done downtown Vancouver - not at the airport. I think somewhere on Dunsmuir St ?
Apparantly you're correct, there is a location on Dunsmuir.

http://usa.immigrationvisaforms.com/...scan-locations

I was not familiar with that location. I had my iris scan done at YVR, it took about 5 minutes and was well worth every second of the wait. I breeze through immigration at YVR and YYZ practically without stopping.

Originally Posted by makfan
The second is to update your profile (WHEN THE AIRLINE ADDS THE NECESSARY FIELD TO ACCEPT IT) to enter your Customs and Border Protection ID (aka PASS ID). At some point after AA joined the PreCheck pilot, I noticed this new field and entered my ID. After I saved, I saw a Green Checkbox and the words "Known Passenger". Unfortunately, I have not yet needed to clear security at an airport with PreCheck, although I will at LAX in the not-too-distant future.
That's what I did for my AA profile, just entered in my GOES Pass ID and I have the green checkmark and it states I'm part of the TSA Expedited Screening Program when I make a booking (see: here). I've gone through at LAX and it's a breeze. I also signed up for CO's pilot program, though I have no idea when they're rolling that out; as well as DL's.