FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa in Avon, CO [Master Thread]
Old Jan 27, 2012, 7:02 pm
Travel Pro

Programs: SPG Plat, etc.
The place needs a lot of help...

I stayed there last month with my family. Great physical plant, but I have to echo what others have said... it's too bad that service is severely lacking and the attitude of most of the staff is poor.

As a Platinum member, no upgrade... but didn't expect one having read the reviews so wasn't disappointed. But had to wait for my room when I arrived at 3pm... 11 am checkout not very convenient... room wasn't very clean... sticky stuff on counter? There's just something about the attitude of the staff that's very poor. When we encountered a serious problem, the manager was nowhere to be found... the next day either.

One morning, having gotten up very early, sat in the lobby with the intention of enjoying some solitude, have some coffee, and read the paper. However, instead I had to endure all of the staff yucking it up. Don't they know this is supposed to be a high end hotel.... not a locker room? I guess the young staff is just not very experienced and doesn't know how to properly act... and management is not providing much leadership.

Should be a great place... they need to bring in new management who can lead.