FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New FS hotel plans (up to 2012)
View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:39 am
TRAVELSIG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
FS are, I hear, very quietly, phasing out Internet charges, or at least creating a 2-tier system so that standard (i.e. just checking your e-mails) becomes free and fast is charged for (downloading films etc). I agree about Wayport, though. Could be this, too, is being phased out as I am seeing fewer and fewer FS hotels using it these days.

Be sure that FS Pudong has some amazing views. Even if you stay on the 'wrong side' facing away from the Bund, the views are striking.

I also think that the Chinese restaurant which has a separate entrance on the ground floor) should be really special. I was not expecting to like this hotel but came away looking forward to staying there (although Shanghai is not a frequent destination for me).
Thanks vuittonsofstyle for the update! Pudong is not a particularly nice area to stay in- however with the development that has and is continuing to spring up here- it is becoming the major business hub of Shanghai now.

The new Andaz by the way is not luxury however certainly has a wonderful location for a visitor being in the heart of Xiantindi- will be curious to see how the Langham (connected to it) works out.