FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maestro's Europe Trip - Newbie here.. Please be Patient
Old Jan 24, 2012, 3:33 pm
exbayern

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Speaking of cruises.. have the prices gone down since Costa tanked?

The deaths onboard Costa must be impacting sales of cruises..
Seriously? Lewis said it better than I, but other than a few ignorant and overly fearful people, I doubt that is the case. There are often short term deals on cruises in the spring/summer but in your circumstances I don't think that it makes sense. Your family model just isn't suitable for cruising at the moment, as I outlined above. There are cruise lines which do a better job than Disney in the infant area, but even then you will be extremely limited.

It may not make sense for us to take a trip to Europe, just to experience 4 or 5 days at Euro Disney.
'Euro Disney' has not existed since 1994, when the name was (thankfully) changed.

We're thinking of resting for a night and heading straight to DLC for 4 or 5 nights, thereafter going to Paris and touring the sites.. but the whole itinerary is open until August 7th when we're at the Olympics.. I wouldn't mind getting a cruise which lands in UK for some certainty.
I am not familiar with DLC in London so cannot comment on that, but are you suggesting that a cruise which 'lands' in the UK would be somehow safer? I think that you are mistaken, if that is the case.

Last edited by exbayern; Jan 24, 2012 at 8:04 pm