FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - General question about "safari fatigue"
View Single Post
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:21 am
ChrisR

General question about "safari fatigue"

I recently booked a two week trip to Tanzania for a Kili climb + post Safari. The climb will soak up the first week, so we have one week left for Safari type activities. I am trying to get information from people that have spent time in general on Safari about when you feel like you might have better spent your time on some other activities.

The operator we are going with has many offerings outside of just game driving, including spending days with bushmen learning survival skills, hunting, etc. and Climbing Ol Doinyo Lengai.

We are both very very fit and active, and usually chose to immerse ourselves when going abroad, wherever that may be. That being said, we have never been to Africa, so what I want to avoid is coming home and saying "I wish we had gone on more game drives", or "I wish we had gone on less game drives".

I am wondering from people that have been on safari, at what point did you wake up in the morning and the excitement was not quite what it was the first day? I think we definitely want to do a few days of game drives, but a week, I just do not know if the time would be better spent on other things.

Any opinions would be appreciated. Not just from people with experience in TZ either!

Thank you,

Chris