FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase MP Explorer Card (Q&A, Benefits, Bonuses, Discussion, ....)
Old Jan 24, 2012, 3:38 am
joshwex90
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by Ragnarok
Do not cancel your CO card first, as you might need to allocate credit line from it to your new MP Explorer card
You can allocate some of the credit line from the OnePass Plus to the Explorer?

Originally Posted by MaputoBound
That is exactly the opposite of what a very unfriendly rep told me the other day (after a 20 minute hold, a two minute talk, and another 12 minute hold). She insisted the reservation had to be paid with the card.

I was asking because on my previous flights after getting this card, I had Zone 1 printed on my boarding pass. In this case, I had Zone 4.

I went to the gate in Brussels and asked them about it and they told me to board through the priority boarding after the elites, which I did (no one checked anything anyway).

Given that people crowd around the boarding area so much, it's sometimes not even possible to board in Zone 1. They call Zone 1, no one immediately appears because only a couple people have it and they can't reach the line quickly, then they call Zone 2 and everyone rushes forward.

I don't understand why every airline tolerates this behavior. There should be some clear zone you can only stand in if you are actively boarding.
Agreed on the boarding, though recently, the GAs in TLV have shown noticeable improvement (they used to be awful).

They board BusinessFirst, then Plat. They then board Gold/Silver, then by row. They make it clear that if you haven't been invited to board, they won't let you board, and they've started enforcing it. They also have other agents at the entrance to the line making sure you're not standing there. You can either get on line or move over.