FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase MP Explorer Card (Q&A, Benefits, Bonuses, Discussion, ....)
Old Jan 23, 2012, 4:10 pm
Ragnarok

Originally Posted by joshwex90
The credit line was lowered for some reason. If I get it higher again, will they automatically send me a new card that's a Signature?

And is that why the car rental insurance is secondary and not primary?
It is not automatic. However you should be about to request a new card to be sent to you once you get a $5000 / higher CL.

For the car rental insurance, check your benefits guide to make sure.
Sometimes the reps are unaware of the details of these benefits.

Originally Posted by jc719
I have an old Visa Signature MP card (with a long credit history that I'd like to keep, annual fee in August) and a new (June 2011) CO OnePass Plus card that I got for points. I don't have any UA or CO status now (not much travel last year) so the CO free bag and priority boarding are nice. The CO card is still in its 1st year so no annual fee til June. I also have a low limit PriorityClub card that I also got last year for PC points that I don't really want/use at all. I'm unlikely to reach even 2P status with UA/CO this year.

I'd like to:
1. keep the credit history of the UA card
2. pay only one annual fee
3. keep the "priority" benefits of the CO (or new MP Explorer card)
4. collect any points for any conversion

How best to proceed?
Leave the old UA card alone for now.

Then apply for the UA Explorer Card with the 60K bonus now, ( first year annual fee is waived.)

( Do not cancel your CO card first, as you might need to allocate credit line from it to your new MP Explorer card )

Then cancel your CO card before annual fee is due again in June.

Cancel your new MP Explorer card before annual fee is due in Jan 2013.

Then finally, convert your old UA card to MP Explorer ( if Chase haven't yet at this point convert it automatically ).

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jan 23, 2012 at 6:48 pm Reason: merge