FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive "How To Search for Low Tier Business Awards"
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:38 pm
mnredfox
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by craig44485
When I call I ask them specifically if they are only checking DL metal or are they also checking partners and they say they have checked everybody! I am so exasperated. I just can not believe that there are zero(0) J awards at low level for the next 5 months!!!! I will take any 2 week trip between now and the end of June. There has to be at least 2 low level awards out there somewhere!!!
That is complete hogwash. That is what they say when they simply do a search given your airports. What you need to know is that the DL search engine sucks (yes even for agents) and that if you put in departure/arrival times magically new flights (on partners) appear.

Hence, what you need to do is your own homework first and map out potential partner routes etc. It sucks to have to do this, but this is the price you pay by using DL as their IT is horrible. I use the ST tool (PC version and app), and sometimes go further to check individual partner schedules.