FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disappointed with Emirates
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2012, 6:36 pm
Firemansam

Originally Posted by SingaporeJoe
+1

I like to be left alone and go hiding in the cabin so I have no issues with having to call the FA if I need something.

Even in F, one has to admit that the service standard is inconsistent. I haven't seen dirty and badly worn planes (even though some of them are close to qualifying) but a lot of the quality of service boils down to how experienced and motivated the particular crew happens to be. Some crews are just awesome but some leave quite a bit to desire. I am not claiming statistical significance or a representative sample, but a lot of this appears to boild down to the nationalities of the crew members and different levels of professionalism.

Actually... and I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to say this aloud, but my major dislike to Emirates is the way their first class on the Australian routes has become a major bogan bus experience. Call me a snob, but I would hope for a bit of a standard of appearance in the first class. Thongs, board shorts and wife beaters IMHO are not appropriate.
Money truly doesnt bring class with us Aussies
But seriously Centrelink really must be paying the unemployed too much that they can afford First now lol