FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I didn't expect rose petals....but
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2012, 10:39 am
BAHumbug

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
Originally Posted by Jenbel
If you think telling the OP that nothing would have pleased him is not a form of disparagement (it's making the assumption that nothing would have pleased him, therefore you don't need to accept his viewpoint that BA wasn't good on this occasion, because the problem is his viewpoint, not how the airline worked) then you and I have very different understandings of the term
That isn't what I said. I said the OP was determined to have a thoroughly miserable experience. He was convinced beforehand that BA were going to be terrible. When you get to an airport with that mindset it is going to take a lot to shift your viewpoint.

Nevertheless, discounting his opinion, on the basis you believe that he was determined not to like BA, is certainly one way of handling/deflecting criticism of BA. So is questioning his stated experience (to show he is not as experienced as he says, so that his views can be discounted).
I didn't question his stated experience. I'm happy enough to believe that he's an experienced flyer. I don't see where I said otherwise.

Of course, another view is that he did experience an off-crew on BA. Most people admit the service can be hit and miss - even out of LGW - why does it seem to be so hard to believe that the OP hit one of those crews? Are they solely reserved for people known to the BA board?!
BA do have off crews. We've all encountered them. But they don't make for the miserable, rotten experience the OP claims. They just make the flight 'meh'.

Having someone refuse you a pen, in the manner described, does not seem like good service.
Agreed. But that seems to be the only complaint of substance in his post.

I also stick by my comment about the 'pretty young thing'. Why he (I assume he) feels that it is necessary to comment on the attractiveness and age of a member of cabin crew eludes me.

BAH