FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I didn't expect rose petals....but
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2012, 10:34 am
johnashw

Programs: BA Gold, Skywards, Hilton Honors and lots of other under-utilised Hotel Schemes
Originally Posted by Jenbel
It's a shame that someone who flies such a lot found that BA was not as good an experience as on airlines he flies more often. It was just on one trip (was the return any better?) but in reality, that's all BA has to try to tempt frequent fliers from other airlines, so they've failed on this occasion.

Attempting to justify BA by disparaging the OP won't actually change his view of the airline, and I fear, show that this board is little different from the airline.

What could BA have done better that would have impressed you (the seat is obviously non-negotiable! ) more?

(I used to love using HUY - anywhere where you can check bags, but be back in the car park no less than 15 mins after your flight has landed has got to be good )
I agree it's disappointing that BA weren't able to win over a longstanding previous customer but it just sounds too dire to be true, I have flown 100's of times with BA in lots of different classes (all the way from the back to the front) and whilst some flights are clearly better than others , none have been calamitous or so dreadful as the OP suggested even in Y.

So am I just lucky, or is it that I have a wonderfully winning personality which makes everyone want to do a great job of looking after me, or that I customarily see the world as cup half full or is it that I haven't had prolonged exposure to the uber-bling of EK Business and First which might otherwise cloud my judgement.

If you view the world like Nigel Farage and have been spoilt by lustre of EK First, then maybe BA CW isn't the right solution for you. In any case I am sure it won't be long before you can fly to Kingston via Dubai.