FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I didn't expect rose petals....but
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2012, 10:28 am
Jenbel
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by BAHumbug
Oh please. You can tell from the tone of the post that absolutely nothing was going to change his view of BA away from 'The world's surliest airline'. Nobody has been disparaging - much as you might like to think so.

I particularly liked his comment about the one member of cabin crew he liked as 'a pretty young thing'.

BAH
If you think telling the OP that nothing would have pleased him is not a form of disparagement (it's making the assumption that nothing would have pleased him, therefore you don't need to accept his viewpoint that BA wasn't good on this occasion, because the problem is his viewpoint, not how the airline worked) then you and I have very different understandings of the term

Nevertheless, discounting his opinion, on the basis you believe that he was determined not to like BA, is certainly one way of handling/deflecting criticism of BA. So is questioning his stated experience (to show he is not as experienced as he says, so that his views can be discounted).

Of course, another view is that he did experience an off-crew on BA. Most people admit the service can be hit and miss - even out of LGW - why does it seem to be so hard to believe that the OP hit one of those crews? Are they solely reserved for people known to the BA board?!

Having someone refuse you a pen, in the manner described, does not seem like good service.