FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase MP Explorer Card (Q&A, Benefits, Bonuses, Discussion, ....)
Old Jan 21, 2012, 11:09 am
joshwex90
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by Ragnarok
Looking at the Benefits guide of the MileagePlus Explorer,
in addition to the highlighted features,
looks like it has some perks that is even better than that of Sapphire Preferred's.

1) Price Protection

The MP Explorer will refund you the price difference within 90 days of purchase if you see it cheaper elsewhere, Online included! ( no eBay though )

( Up to $500 / item ) The Sapphire Preferred doesn't match Online.

2) Higher purchase Protection limits

MP Explorer reimburse up to $10,000 / claim if your purchase is stolen / damaged
Sapphire Preferred only covers a mere $500 / claim

3) Roadside Assistance

MP Explorer covers $50 / service call or ( 2 free gallon of gas if you ran out of gas )

While the Sapphire Preferred can help you find a tow truck, all charges is your responsibility.

4) Primary CDW for Car Rental
While some of that looks great, I was a little disappointed when I activated my card. First, the card is not a Visa Signature, just a regular Visa. Don't know why. Perhaps connected to this, I was told that the car rental insurance is secondary and not primary.
They also lowered my credit line from my OnePass Plus card.

However, they did tell me that I will get 2 UC passes in 8-12 weeks, which is weird. I thought you don't get those until your first anniversary.