FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Smoking on a Hotel Room Balcony A No-No?
Old Jan 21, 2012, 9:00 am
Mary2e
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by User Name
We're not just talking outdoors though. We are talking about something that is done outdoors that goes indoors.

Your likes and dislikes are no more important than mine, and mine include the use of a room that does not have cigarette smoke in it.

The lack of common decency and courtesy being shown by some of the posters on this thread is utterly astounding, and very saddening indeed.
Please see DCPatti's post right after yours, because I couldn't have said it better myself.

I find it really disheartening that some people are not willing to give an inch, yet I suspect they also do things that may bother others. Occasionally, if the cologne smell is bad enough, like in an elevator, my husband will start coughing and wheezing (rare, but it has happened). I'm lucky, I just don't like the smell. Should we ban cologne in hotels and elevators? No, if he's in that situation, he just gets away from the smell. You could close your balcony door for a few minutes if you don't like the smell of smoke.

It seems nothing a smoker does will satisfy the zealots. Nothing.