FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A few flights to end 2011
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2012, 7:37 am
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
WELLINGTON to AUCKLAND (WLG-AKL) on Air New Zealand A320 in economy, space+ seat

Several days later and back at the airport for another quick trip. Minimal queue at check in. The usual headaches getting the right frequent flyer program in the system for optimal credit and the usual lack of onward boarding passes. It is a continual annoyance that Air NZ's system is not well integrated with their airline partners.

With early check in deadline for international connections I had time in the lounge to do some work. There was a problem with the printer but after playing around with the machine I got it to work. I should be grateful the lounge still has a printer as so many airline lounges do not.

Boarding was called a little late. I judged the time to go to the gate quite well - no queue at security and boarding was nearly finished. Through the window I saw the aircraft registration but didn't recognise it so wondered if we had an international configured A320 instead of domestic. That would not be good - international config has less legroom, but on such a short flight it doesn't matter too much. Onboard I see it is domestic config.

The flight was full and the only 2 empty seats were in my row We pushed back only a few moments late and I caught up on some sleep, waking on descent into Auckland. We must have had strong headwinds as we were late arriving. There was an announcement of a stand (or rather please don't switch on phones until inside the terminal and take care when descending the stairs) as we taxiied in but we actually got an airbridge.