FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Jan 20, 2012, 6:29 pm
jyh

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
There's no rule here on this thread that you have to know the answer off the top of your head (though it makes it more fun to try) and I would not have taken any offense even if you had used the internet. At this point it's just informational fun for us all.

It's a little easier for me as I have been collecting airline postcards since I was just a kid, and at one point had over 25000 of them. With so many airlines publishing their own postcards back in the old days, postcard collecting was a great way to be aware of airline fleets. I used to spend alot of money on stamps writing to ALL the airlines asking for postcards and brochures about their airplanes.

It gets worse though. I actually read through old copies of the OAG for pure enjoyment and have been for almost 40 years. As in Check it out! Back in 1966, Western Airlines actually flew Connies between Kodiak and Seattle. Ohmygod! United flew DC-8s into Grand Junction! Awesome! And the international editions - great fun looking for all those old Comets and Convairs, or counting Caravelles in South America.