FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A few flights to end 2011
View Single Post
Old Jan 20, 2012, 1:22 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
SINGAPORE to AUCKLAND (SIN-AKL) on Singapore Airlines 777-300ER in business

By the time I reached the gate boarding was nearly completed. Quickly through security and boarding pass plus passport check. Another full flight - not surprising given the time of year. The airbridge wasn't the usual SIN ice cold.

I was soon in my seat, reading and supping a pre-departure drink.

After take off I watched a movie and enjoyed supper. No satay. Unfortunately this trip I'd managed to mostly book flights where satay isn't served - for overnight flights you need the earlier departure with dinner meal, supper has no satay.

The duty free trolley came through after meal service instead of before arrival.

I managed a few hours sleep and awoke south of Melbourne as breakfast was being served. Quite a southerly routing tonight - the flight path showed us passing well south of the Great Australian Bight. I've flown this route many times over the years (almost 50 in each direction), and normally Australia is crossed in the northern half passing somewhere near Brisbane on the east coast.

Nice views of Auckland city and the isthmus as we flew over and doubled back to land. We landed roughly on time and taxiied into the gate at the end of pier B. Immigration (smartgate) was quick as was customs (xray bypassed again as has been the recent practice for low risk passengers).