FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread - Qualifications, Benefits and Q & A [2012]
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:50 am
bowhi

Originally Posted by Cuse44
I don't remember if all the perks were specifically listed in my welcome packet. Some perks I can think of for GS:

1. Upgrade award tickets using instruments (assuming upgrade inventory is avail, no waitlisting)
2. Convert upgrade space to saver award space (some report having to ask specifically for this benefit but whenever I have called in the agents seem to have it "built in" to their view and just automatically apply it.
3. 5 day, 5 seat - If there are greater than 5 seats available for sale within the GS window (120 hrs), most GS agents will force you upgrade through. I am not sure if it is exactly 5 seats, or varies depending the equipment, but it worked for my wife and I on an A320 with F6 at the 5-day GS UDU window a couple of weeks ago.
Thanks! This is helpful.

Originally Posted by blueman2
EDIT: so that people who scan this thread looking for equal data will not include this incorrectly, it looks like I did make GS after all. GS on the phone said no, but on the 'special' page link given above, it says I am GS 2012 starting March 3. So I think I am GS (?). Time will tell.
So I saw the same message which clearly says "Bowhi, your 2012 MileagePlus® program status: Global Services sm (effective March 3, 2012)"

...for those who are requal this doesn't really matter, but for those of us first time qualifiers for GS, does this mean we don't get GS status until March and therefore, only 9 months of GS (if don't requal)?! ...that seems pretty lame if it is true as I'm always on the bubble every year but enjoy it when I make it.
I would think that they would let you use whichever status is higher for first 3 months (at least on CO and UA metal which they control), or roll it over to March 2013.
Does anyone have any insight on this? I have a trans-atlantic in mid-Feb and would like to have a good shot at benefiting from my status (if I have it) .

Originally Posted by Ari
GS super-priority check-in and security line access at ORD, SFO, IAD, etc.
I always see GS pop-out of the glass doors at security at ORD. Do they connect directly from Terminal 5 or take the tram like the rest, then enter somewhere in Terminal 1? ...I have always wondered

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jan 20, 2012 at 9:46 am Reason: merge