FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emirates > Jet Visa-free transit at Mumbai?
Old Jan 19, 2012, 2:20 pm
cja17

Programs: Skywards
Emirates > Jet Visa-free transit at Mumbai?

Hello all - first post here, but have enjoyed reading the forum for quite a while.

There's quite a few posts on here regarding Transit at Indian airports, but none of them quite answer all my questions, so hoping this post can.

I'm flying into Mumbai 02 May on an Emirates flight (BHX-DXB-BOM) arriving at 0815. So, I assume I'll arrive into Terminal 2 (International).

There's a Jet Airways flight I'd like to connect with leaving same day 1305 to Bangkok, and I believe I'm right in thinking that Jet's international operations also leave from Terminal 2 (??).

I've noted that Jet Airways have a Through Check in partnership with Emirates, so, assuming I make the right noises at both initial Check-in at Birmingham, and airside on arrival at BOM, is it likely that I'll be able to connect through to the Jet flight without possessing a Transit Visa, going through immigration and going through customs??

Also, If my assumption is correct, am I likely to get any hassle at initial check-in at BHX because I'm not holding an India Visa? Likewise returning the other way at Bangkok check-in??

I am a British Citizen.

Thanks to all. Cheers.