FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TG vs. CX
Thread: TG vs. CX
View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 2012, 9:41 pm
LHR/MEL/Europe FF
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Wonderboynyc
I am curious how TG compares to CX. I have flown CX before and would fly them again--but it would require going LAX>HKG>BKK vs. LAX>BKK on TG. How does the LAX>BKK flight compare to CX? It looks on the dates I would fly that TG flies a 340 and CX flies a 773--so no real preference based on aircraft type.

Unfortunately, I have to fly Y with no chance at upgrade on either.

Thanks in advance for any input or advice.

hmmm... in this case I would probably take Thai airways.

Their A345 is configured for 36' seat pitch on this ultra-long haul - that's a good 4' over the pitch on CX.

Yes it's a very long flight on Thai - but you are served two meals and a substantial snack from what I have read.

The inflight entertainment on Thai is not to the same level as CX, TG is quite a ways back in terms of choice.

However - after a long transpac - maybe better to just get there and get off the plane rather than be concerned with another transfer and flight down to BKK.

I also believe the CX seats are the shell ones - many people report problems with seat comfort on those. They are in the process of converting them back to normal economy ones - but I'm not sure how progressed they are on that yet.