FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Archived] TSA Pre-Check / PreCheck Known Traveler program for AA FFs
Old Jan 18, 2012, 5:26 pm
AATrout

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
There is a GE card, and it even has your picture on it. You know that time they ask you to look into the camera and they say "don't worry, it's just for internal use" ? Well, that's the picture they put on your card.
I have NEXUS and apparently (according to a guy I know in Detroit who uses NEXUS lanes in and out of Canada a lot) the recently-issued GE Card works on NEXUS lanes BACK to the US but not the other direction. I've never had to pull out the card at GE kiosks, but you do need a card at NEXUS lanes. Maybe that's why they issued a GE card - so you can drive back to the US via the "US controlled" NEXUS entry point.

Since you can get cleared for GE w/o any interview or retention of data by Canada in the app process, maybe that's a good deal if you don't mind the regular lanes inbound to Canada.

The cards look virtually identical. And I don't think you can obtain (or need) a GE card if you went through GOES for NEXUS. Apparently if you have a GE card and later want to add NEXUS you'll get that card. No idea if you are supposed to surrender the GE card to do that.

Last edited by AATrout; Jan 18, 2012 at 5:31 pm