FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR Terminal 3 BA to HEL
View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 2012, 9:39 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BAfave
Is a bus almost a definite for T3 HEL flights then?

Which hilton is that? i don't arrive till 2330.

I heard rumour Taxi's in Helsinki take credit cards is that all of them?

Thanks for the info
There are buses at 2340, 0000, 0020, 0040 and the last one is at 0110. At that hour the bus zips along quite quickly so I'm often in one of these. I normally make it for the 2340 too, without checked luggage. Because of the 2 hour time difference from the UK I tend to not regard it as being so late.

There are three Hiltons, one attached to the airport (and thus an easyish walk from the terminal, some rooms have private saunas in them) - not a bad option if arriving late, and then take the bus into work the next day.

Helsinki Hilton Strand is about 500 metres from the terminus railway station, which is probably not a good choice if you don't know the city and have luggage. In daylight it is an attractive walk along the harbour side. There is another Hilton at the of the city's tram line. Both have attractive views from them.

However there are a good selection of other hotels on the bus route, so the road to HEL is paved with good intentions. You can pay for that bus by plastic too (and indeed everything else).

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Jan 18, 2012 at 9:57 am Reason: too many toos