FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is this the end of the world? Has everyone gone mad?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 4:30 am
arrozcomfeijao

Programs: FB Gold, G3 Gold, JJ Vermelho
Thanks everyone for the tips, I will try to break the ticket in two, just to give it a try. I found out that the fastest way to get to Bali from Europe is really with KLM as it only makes a fast fueling stop in Singapore. And stopping for a few days in Amsterdam would be nice as I haven't been there in more than 10 years.
Thanks BRunos for your tip: it is really too early to get the best fares.
As for Henry III's idea of trying the other way around, going through Oceania, that would be the best option, but unfortunately it doesn't work yet. There are no flights connecting Brazil and either Australia or New Zealand. You have to get to Chile first, and to get there from Rio, where I am, you have to stop at São Paulo first. All that with a very active three year-old aboard would only be possible if I could get some of Michael Jackson's propofol. Maybe as the 2016 Olympics get closer the airlines will start giving us more options. We've got better options these days, but nothing like a big North America or Europe hub.
HFly: I was trying to stick to either *ST or *A, but Emirates could also be an idea, thanks.
Anyway, what impressed me here besides the prices I was getting is that airlines' websites are getting dumb and dumber. You give them a route and the flight options they return make no sense, as they offer you only a very high number of connections when you know there are shorter options or many times they will tell you that the flight you are looking for is not possible. And you know it is. Go figure. Thanks!