FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No Budget at DTW ever again
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2012, 5:20 pm
rrz518

Programs: DL PM, SW, Hilton, , UAL PM, AA Gold-skeptic
Originally Posted by Ambraciot
So they only gave you a free upgrade and a $9 refund when you had a confirmed reservation for a type of car that didn't have the feature you really needed? You probably could have saved the hour on the lot with 5 minutes of researching the car/class features on budget.com.

The DTW location was good to me back when I was new to renting cars and didn't have fastbreak. They didn't have an Escape ready for renting when I showed up for a relatively long F class rental with 3 passengers. I wasn't really happy with any of the other (smaller) F class SUVs, so they processed an Escape that had just been returned and had it ready in 20 minutes. This was also during one of their busiest weeks of the year, their lot was only about 1/3 full.
Yeah, AFTER they tried to give me a "free" downgrade to a car that didn't have the feature I needed. C'mon....even the "jankiest" (read Fox) car rentals have the audio jack these days. Why not Budget?

That, plus all of the other nonsense is why the "ever again" comment, in addition to the big clunky gas guzzler. Just amateurish overall.