FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Return Connection in MUC
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2012, 4:08 pm
GNVGator

Programs: US CP, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Return Connection in MUC

Upcoming trip in March to ZRH and IST. Doing US GNV-CLT-PHL-ZRH then TK ZRH - IST. The return flight is the question though. On US's website they price out a return from IST -MUC -PHL - CLT - GNV around $650 with IST - MUC on a codesahre with TK. But if I book the TK IST - MUC separately from the US MUC -PHL - CLT - GNV the price goes down to about $350. The same IST - MUC flight on TK's website is about $90 instead of the implied $300 on US's site.

Now i assume the risks of not booking the flights through US's site would be that if the TK flight is late US won't care and I will be left paying out for a new ticket. The Tk flight touches down at MUC 9:30am and the US flight leaves MUC at noon. The question is whether 2.5 hours is enough to make it through customs, get reticketed, recheck bags, go through security again, and make it to the gate? US seems to think so, since the flight is offered on their website. Since US and Tk are both *alliance could TK ticket me in IST for my US flight and check my bags all the way to GNV if I have my PNR for the US flight? Or should I just pay the constructive $210 insurance policy?

Thoughts? Any and all help is appreciated.

Go Gators