FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "I'm sorry sir, which airline is this?"
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2012, 3:11 pm
PWOZUK

Programs: QF BAEC [Gold]
Originally Posted by RJLondonGold
Flew LAX - SFO today on AA. Went to T4, and walked over to the new premier check in area. Called over to a counter. Gave her my new Gold Card and Passport.

She looked at the card, looked on the system, looked back at the card and said to me "I'm sorry sir, which airline is this?" To which I replied "BA, British Airways" - more quizzical looks at the card, and then I said "It's the new design - I know - it doesn't have BA's name on it"

"Oh - er - ok" she said and with that I had my boarding pass and off I went.

Having seen other posts on here about not having the BA logo on the front, I wonder now if it was a minor error - given the fact if they don't recognise it at LAX, what chance do other minor outstations have on the OW network!
Personally I see it as more than a minor error not to have the main branding on the cards and luggage tags.

BA - please be proud of the brand name!

If this were a car I'd expect a recall by now, and re-issue with appropriate corrections. All my other loyalty cards are adverts for their respective brands.

My British Airways Amex card is looking more like a frequent flyer card than the real thing!

If it is any consolation, the words "property of British Airways plc" can be found on the back of the EC cards in very very small print, so surely it's not as if the one card was intended work accross the entire IAG network.

That said, as my shares are now effectively in IAG, I would not have a problem in it being the IAG Executive Club, were it not for the fact that I am (only) Silver.