FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whose Case Should I Get On?
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2012, 2:25 pm
sadiqhassan

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Update, went to the Emirates office [semi-rant below]

I explain the situation and the agent said the same thing "your ticket was changed at XXX EST on January 7th with your TA." I pointed out that that time was the middle of the night in Karachi where my TA is and that the agent simply did not change the ticket. He didn't. She then argued with me and told me she did. I said on Jan 7th the only person I communicated with was Emirates.

After almost 15 minutes of going in circles, she decided to check again and she's like oh wait this ticket has been refunded online on Jan 7th not by a TA.

Yes, you, sir, YOU (direct quote) refunded the ticket online.

By this point I was livid. She had the audacity to say that this is not Emirates problem but rather my problem because I didn't check carefully enough and pressed cancel instead of change.

I then showed them the copy of the email from EK which said "your ticket change was not succesful please contact the Emirates office" at which point she said there's simply nothing I can do.

I then asked where my supposed "refund" was and was told to contact the TA even though I "refunded" it online. Finally she said she would contact DXB as they deal with online change issues and now I have to call back tomorrow.

I am NOT happy.